Here are the top highest moutain ranges in africa and all are above 4000m.
- Mountain – A geological, or land, feature that rises 600m above the immediately surrounding area.
- Peak – A point on a mountain that is higher than other local points (one way to think of this is if you need to descend to reach another peak, you were standing on one, to begin with). A mountain will very often have multiple, if not numerous, peaks.
- Summit – The highest point on a mountain. Every summit is also a peak, but not every peak is a summit.
- The prominence: The minimum height of climb to the summit on any route from a higher peak, or from sea level if there is no higher peak.
1. Kilimanjaro Mountain Range
Mountains(Summit): Kibo(Uhuru Peak), Mawenzi(Hans Meyer)
First Ascent: 1889
2. Mt. Kenya
Mountains(Summit): Mt. Kenya(Bantian Peak), Mt. Kenya(Mawenzi(Nelion), Mt. Kenya(Lenana
First Ascent: 1899
3.Rwenzori Mountain Range
Mountains(Summit): Mt Stanley(Savoia), Mt. Speke(Vittorio Emanuele Peak), Mt. Baker(Edward), Mt.Emin(Umberto), , Mt.Speke, Mt. Gessi(Iolanda), Mt. Luigi di Savoia(Sella), Mt. Portal Peaks(Kihuma)
First Ascent: 1906
4.Semien Mountain Range
Mountains(Summit): Mt. Ras Dashen, Mt Ancua, Mt. Kidis Yared, Mt. Bwahit.
First Ascent: 1906
5.Meru Mountain Range
Mountains(Summit): Mt Meru(Socialist)
First Ascent: 1904
6.Virunga Mountain Range
Mountains(Summit): Mt Karisimbi, Mt. Mikeno, Muhavura
First Ascent: 1903/1927
7.Bale Mountain Range
Mountains(Summit): Tullu Demtu
8. Elgon Mountain Range
Mountains(Summit): Mt. Elgon(Wagagai, Sudek)
9. Kollo Massif
Mountains(Summit): Mt.Amba Farit, Mt. Ioll/Yoll
10. Lasta Massif
Mountains(Summit): Mt. Abune Yosef
11. Guna Massif
Mountains(Summit): Mt. Bada, Mt. Kaka
12. Toubkal Atlas Mountain Range
Mountains(Summit): Mt. Ouanoukrim
14.Central High Atlas
Mountains(Summit): Mt. Ighil Mgoun
It is the highest point in sub-Saharan western and central Africa,the fourth-most prominent peak (@3905m) in Africa( after Kilimanjaro(5885m), Semien’s Ras Dashen(3997),Rwenzori’s Mt Stanley(3951m), and the 31st-most prominent in the world.
Mountains(Summit): Mt. Cameroon