- Visitors must remove their shoes before entering the caves, as per tradition.
- And women who are having their monthly cycle cannot go in.
- Served for years as a escape and hide place during pre-colonial times and also during Nigerian Civil War
- A stream flows out from one of the tunnels into a rapid flowing river (River Nkissa).
- Every year in the month of May,a celebration known as the “Ime Ogbe” celebration is undertaken to commemorate the discovery of the caves, on such ocassion entrance is free
Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State, Southeast Nigeria
How to get here
What to pack
Come with light clothing because you would be doing quite a lot of walking to see around. Wear sneakers, or hiking shoes for the light adventure. Also, pack up your swimwear to enjoy the waterfall and pool. And don’t forget your camera to save the memories.
Where to stay
There are a couple of guest houses and inns that can cater to your lodging needs at cheaper rates.
Hiking Skill Level: